What is a Food Intolerance Evaluation?
- A Food Intolerance Evaluation Is an old naturopathic method of evaluating an individual’s dietary compatibilities.
- It is a way to determine which foods are not well digested.
- Poorly digested food creates “toxemia” in the intestines
What is Toxemia?
- Toxemia is a by-product of poor or incomplete digestion.
- Incomplete digestion is like having dirty oil in your car. If you add new oil (good food, even the best of food) without draining the old oil and changing the filters, the debris from the dirty oil (toxemia) runs through the system and will eventually cause damage.
- Toxemia creates inflammation.
What is Inflammation?
- Inflammation is the body’s response to an irritant (toxemia, trauma, sore throat from a cold, swelling at an incision site, and so forth.)
- It is a signal that something is irritating the body, and is the body’s attempt to heal itself.
- Short-term inflammation is uncomfortable but a normal part of healing.
- Long-term inflammation leads to, and is a primary contributor to, chronic illness (allergies, arthritis, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, eczema, cancer, etc.).
Why we do it:
- The intolerance elimination diet addresses AND eliminates the cause of dietary toxemia.
- When we remove the cause of toxemia, inflammation is reduced and no longer blocks the body’s inherent ability to heal.
- The process of healing is supported with various treatments and supplements that are administered in a specific order to establish health.